Thursday 14 March 2013

March 2013Bella Box

Hi everyone, this is my first beauty blog and I will be reviewing this months March Bella Box. It actually arrived mid month which is perfect and it came wrapped up in its usual beautiful blue boxing.



(For those of who don't know what a Bella Box is, it's a monthly subscription box where you pay $14.95 to have 5 or 6 premium samples sent to you. The great thing about Bella Box is, that you get to create a beauty profile and so far all of my samples have been things I would use or would like to try out.

So this was my Bella Box! I was pretty thrilled as soon as my eyes saw the little green tube so I'll go straight to that!

Item number 1

Item number 1
Clinique High Impact Lipstick SPF in extreme pink rrp $36.00

I absolutely adore Clinique products, the quality is really great and with SPF this lipstick will protect your lips. I tried gliding it on and it really has a great natural finish to it. I have dark skin so this colour matched my skin tone really well. I noticed some other people received lip glosses which I was thrilled not to receive as I hate glossy lips on myself, and I think I mentioned that in my beauty profile. The price is a bit steep to spend on lipstick but I might possibly get this one again.



Item number 2
Item number 2
Ocean Essence Summer Breeze Shower Gel 20 ml $4.95
So this product actually sells for $4.95 but for only 20 ml. I would NOT spend 5 dollars on a shower gel that is so small! You could use it at the most for one week. I have to say it does smell really nice and the packaging reminds me of a spa but you would not want to buy 10 bottles of this stuff for yourself, it would be so bad for the environment!



Item number 3+4
Item number 3+4
Suigo Ultimate Control Shampoo and Ultimate Control Conditioner 260ml both $22.50
I love how this came packaged, it made the bottles look really stand out. I have never heard of this brand before but they smell really great. Kind of similar to the ocean shower gel (citrus but aquatic) The sizes were really great, which is good for something like hair care products because you can't really tell if it will be great from one use. It will be great to try these out!



Item number 5

Item number 5 
Designer Brands Lip Pencil $4.99

I have heard of this brand before but wasn't really a fan. Something about the packaging just makes me think this is going to leave a rash on my face! The sharpener on the lid is really handy and the colour did look great from outside. I tried it on and it was really smooth which was surprising but I did not like the colour on me. It's much more grey than I would like and it's not very pigmented. I probably wouldn't buy this one again.

Bonus Item
Bonus Item
Swiss Active Energy Bar $2.39
So this was slightly random to find in a beauty box. I mean if you're going to put food in  beauty box maybe some choccies or gourmet tea? This bar is meant to be one of those protein bars you chomp down after a heavy work out. I don't work out much so probably will pass this onto my dad! Nice to include something bonus though...

My thoughts on the box overall?
I was happy with this box, it totaled over $50 worth of products in there which was great and a lot of products I would like to try out. Stand out would be the lipstick, including a $36 dollar product in a beauty box is really generous and will be very excited to wear my new lip colour!

The box also did come with a 50% off voucher for Harvest Box which is something I've never heard of but might be good. Might be a subscription box but with trail mix instead.

So that's it for this month's Bella Box, I might be doing a post when my Lust Have it Box arrives so watch this space! 
Tell me bellow what you thought about this months box, or what you received!

5 comments:

  1. I would eat that energy bar for ya..:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohhh I hope i'll get the clinique lipstick in mine! Although I didn't specify that I liked lipstick or gloss in my profile :\ they'll probably end up sending me the gloss anyway lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was that random question of what your beauty splurge is, hope you receive it though! The yestocarrots lipgloss is nice though!

      Delete
  3. Well done! Great blog with honest responses to the products so please continue. Was good for me to see the differences in our boxes.

    ReplyDelete